With the new Apigee Connector for Looker Studio, you can now easily create customised dashboards tailored to your specific needs, leveraging Apigee data. This new feature is available at no cost to all Apigee Analytics customers on Apigee X and Hybrid platforms. This blog will discuss the benefits of using Apigee Connector for Looker Studio, how it works, and how you can get started using it.
What is Apigee Connector for Looker Studio?
Apigee Connector for Looker Studio is a new tool that enables our customers to easily create customized dashboards that are tailored to their specific needs, leveraging Apigee data. This feature is available at no cost to all Apigee Analytics customers on Apigee X and Hybrid platforms.
What are the benefits of using Apigee Connector for Looker Studio?
The Apigee Connector for Looker Studio provides several benefits to our customers, including:
- Access to near real-time Apigee data without exporting it. Previously, customers exported Apigee data to their own BigQuery projects to access it with their preferred BI tools. However, this approach does not provide access to fresh data and incurs additional costs for BigQuery and BI tools.
- Free to use: Looker Studio is a free project to use, and customers can upgrade to Looker Studio Pro for advanced reports and dashboards.
- Analyze data at the single and multi organization level: With this new connector, Apigee customers can analyze their data at the single and multi organization level. This will enable them to gain deeper insights into their API usage, identify trends, and make informed decisions about their API programs.
- Easy to use: The Apigee connector gives BI users access to Apigee customer data without requiring them to access the Apigee console. Users can quickly and easily create sophisticated dashboards by simply dragging and dropping data elements onto the canvas.
- Out-of-the-box templates: Apigee also provides out-of-the-box templates that customers can use as a starting point for creating their own dashboards.
How does Apigee Connector for Looker Studio work?
The Apigee Connector for Looker Studio provides customers with access to their Apigee customer data through Looker Studio. Customers will be able to create reports and dashboards using Apigee’s exposed data fields. These reports can then be viewed, edited, shared, and scheduled for delivery to other Apigee and non-Apigee users.
To create a report or dashboard, you can follow these steps:
Option 1: Using Google Console UI:
- Open the Apigee console in the Google Cloud console.
- Click the Analytics tab.
- Click the Custom reports link.
- In the top right corner of the window, click the CREATE MORE REPORTS USING LOOKER STUDIO menu.
- Option 2: Using Looker Studio:
- Go to Lookerstudio.google.com and log in using your Apigee account credentials.
- Go to the Templates Gallery.
- Select one of the two Apigee templates.
Devoteam’s Apigee Factory
Devoteams dedicated Apigee Factory, a specialised technical unit working with some of Europe’s well-known brands, is excited to partner with Google in the delivery of this new feature. As a Premier Managed Service Partner of the Year, we pride ourselves on helping customers get the best from their Google Cloud product investments.
For more information, please visit the following resources:
- Access to Apigee Connector for Looker Studio
- Looker Studio training videos
- Public Documentation
We are excited to see how our customers use Apigee Connector for Looker Studio to gain deeper insights into their API usage and make informed decisions about their API programs.
Contact Devoteam today to learn more: