- Auchan Retail currently manages over 263,000 employees on its Google Workspace platform & 12,000 groups on its Google Workspace platform.
- We developed a web application to support administrative teams in managing Google Groups.
- Simplified maintenance of Google Groups: Groups are updated on the fly whenever a user is created, deleted or updated.
About Auchan Retail
Auchan Retail is one of the world’s five most internationalised food companies and is present in 17 countries. It covers all food retail formats with 3,778 points of sale under its brands (hypermarkets, superstores, supermarkets and ultra-convenience stores), supplemented by e-commerce and drive-through in certain countries.
A “Google Group” is a Google Workspace feature that facilitates the exchange of information between employees from the same country, store or department. Auchan currently has 12,000 groups on its Google Workspace platform.
The manual administrative management of these groups represents a significant burden for the Google Workspace administration team.
Indeed, more than 500 prfiles are created or suspended on a daily basis. Therefore, keeping all Google Groups up to date becomes a real challenge.
Many of these groups could be turned into dynamic groups, based on the content of the user profile, which would significantly reduce the workload of administrators.
We have developed a web application to assist administrative teams in managing Google Groups.
This solution, developed on the Google Cloud Platform, integrates seamlessly with Google Workspace. It simplifies the maintenance of the Google Groups: groups are updated on the fly as soon as a user is created, deleted or updated.
The technical and functional environment
- Google App Engine
- Google Cloud SQL
- Google TaskQueue
- Google IAM
- Automatic update of groups following a modification
- Daily integrity checks to ensure error recovery
- Mass import to create or update multiple groups via an import file
- Ability to suspend/reactivate a dynamic group
- Ability to scale with the number of requests
- Saves time for administrative teams