In November 2010 Avalon Solutions helped them move employees and students from a Microsoft-based environment. Avalon Solutions has continued to work closely with Salem as a trusted adviser for cloud strategy and change management.
In 2010 Salem was faced with the choice of upgrading their existing solution, which would have been very costly, or move to a cloud based solution. After extensive evaluation of available solutions on the market, Salem municipality chose Google Apps. This was a step well aligned with their strategic decision to exchange existing on premise applications and services with innovative, cost efficient cloud based services by 2015.
“We are a modern municipality. Cloud computing and G Suite is an obvious choice. G Suite platform not only gives us a reliable and cost effective solution for standard functionality such as email and calendar, but also web-based tools that allows us to streamline and modernize the way we work”
Tony Söderlund, IT manager at Salem
Life for Salem with G Suite today
Today the solution has proved to exceed expectations. G Suite enables Salem municipality to collaborate in new ways, makes them more efficient and saves the organisation time and money.
By choosing a cloud based service that is easy to manage, the IT department of Salem’s municipality can focus on developing and preparing the IT environment for the future. G Suite has given them the control needed to make strategic decisions.
And thanks to the new smart functionality and features that are added to G Suite all the time, the service continues to be modern and innovative. A perfect fit for a modern, young inhabitant municipality as Salem.
Wins for Salem with G Suite
- Work as you live. Employees can access the same information from anywhere with any device. Same interface.
- Better collaboration.
- Access to web based tools that enables creativity and makes work easier.
- File sharing made simple
- No expensive upgrades or hardware
- Pay as you use license model
- Easy manageable
- Administrative tools that helps IT department to stay in control
- More time for IT department to spend on core business: To keep up with challenges, and plan strategically for the future instead of
- spending time on operations.