The Data Boost Afterwork is hosting leading data and analytics experts, ready to arm you with the tools to deliver your most effective data-driven strategy.
The Data Boost Afterwork has 2 different sessions simultaneously:
- Technical session for Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Cloud Engineers & ML engineers – How to extract, transform, and load data in Google BigQuery: a hands-on session
- Business session for CIO’s, CMO’s & CFO’s & Chief Data Officers – Why a truly great Data Strategy isn’t only about data. Click here to see the content & to register for the business session.
About the technical session: How to extract, transform, and load data in Google BigQuery: a hands-on session
Learn about the capabilities of Google Cloud for your Data Warehouse.
In this 1-hour session Edgar Ochoa will show you how to ingest and transform Data in BigQuery to produce fast, reliable, and quality data for all your business units. And to easily and securely share data across your organisation, your ecosystem, and beyond. You’ll also get a full demo of BigQuery.
Ready to see practical examples of how to run SQL code in BigQuery?
When & where?
- Thursday 6/10/2022 from 18:00 until 20:30
- At Google Brussels. You can reach it by train or metro via Schuman station or park your car within walking distance in Parking Forte Dei Marmi
Our speakers will unpack:
- Transforming data in BigQuery demo
- Ingesting data to BigQuery demo
- What are the challenges going to production beyond a demo?
- How does a modern data warehouse look?
- Being comfortable with command line
- Basic understanding of Cloud Computing
- Prior programming experience (at least 1+ year)
Ready to learn what you can solve with BigQuery in your Data Warehouse project and understand the benefits of using a Data Warehouse framework?
Welcome at the Data Boost Afterwork
Welcome! Grab yourself a drink (or 2) and make yourself comfortable
How to extract, transform, and load data in Google BigQuery: a hands-on session
In this session Edgar Ochoa will show you how to ingest and transform Data in BigQuery to produce fast, reliable, and quality data for all your business units. And to easily and securely share data across your organization, your ecosystem, and beyond. You’ll also get a full demo of BigQuery. Speaker: Edgar Ochoa
Networking, drinks & bites
This session is organised for Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Cloud Engineers and ML engineers. This session is also for Software Engineers and tech enthusiasts that are interested in learning about data engineering.
Why Join the Data Boost Afterwork?
- Interactive Sessions
Enjoy the opportunity to interact with tech enthusiasts. The sessions typically give a lot of space for interaction and Q&A. This is also a great chance to connect with your peers.
- Speakers Who Keep You Awake!
Hear face-to-face from our Data & Analytics experts how to ingest and transform Data in BigQuery to produce fast, reliable, and quality data for all your business units. Discover the latest product releases in BigQuery and get a demo to enhance your data capabilities.
- Get to know your peers
Strengthen your business network with new and existing partners, immerse yourself within the data community, and network with speakers & attendees.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Data Boost Afterwork (Brussels) is a free to attend afterwork conference focusing on how to build dynamic, data-driven enterprises.
There will be a demo to ingest data to BigQuery and transform the data. The demo will help as an introduction to discuss the set up of a modern data warehouse.
You will learn how to work with BigQuery and hear about some best practices. You’ll also get insights on solutions for a modern data warehouse.
No, you should have received an automated email. Check your spam or try again with a different email address.
Yes, this event will be a physical event hosted at Google Brussels.
Google Cloud accelerates organisations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future.