Google launched Google Workspace with a new unified experience and new offerings to suit organisations of all sizes and of all industries. It also brings a handful of new features. Google Workspace thoughtfully brings together all the collaboration & productivity tools and delivers a fully-integrated & cloud-native experience to help people work together, wherever they are.
Google’s collaboration and communication tools continue to be the first choice for billions of users whether they’re working from home or from the office.
Businesses around the world are looking for streamlined ways for employees, customers, and partners to collaborate together, connect, and get things done remotely. Collaboration and connection at a distance is now part of our daily lives.
The great news is that, for more than a decade, Google Cloud has built technology that helps people work together, smarter. In harmony with its vision to deliver flexibility, utility and simplicity, Google launched Google Workspace.
What is Google Workspace?
Google is rebranding G Suite to Google Workspace.
Google Workspace is the definition of the solution you need to get work done, now in one place. It’s the best way to create, communicate, and collaborate.
Google Workspace is the integrated suite of secure, cloud-native collaboration and productivity apps powered by Google AI. It includes all the productivity apps you already use and love: Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, and many more.
3 major developments
This new Google Workspace brand reflects the more connected experience.
- integrated user experience: will help your teams to collaborate even more efficiently & to connect your remote workers with your office workers.
- new brand identity that reflects Google’s vision and the way their products work together
- Solutions tailored to the unique needs of Google’s broad range of users
New brand identity
In addition to the name and pricing changes, Google has also rebranded the logos of several Apps.
Some icons get a fresh new four-color. They represent Google’s commitment to build an integrated communication and collaboration experience for everyone.
Giving businesses more choice with new pricing plans
Let’s take a look at the different pricing plans:
- Business Starter is the cheapest plan. It already starts at $6/month.
- Business Standard is the perfect plan for users who need more storage and support for larger meetings. This plan starts at $12/user/month.
- Business Plus is a new plan. This plan costs $18/user/month & includes additional security features and compliance tools like Vault and mobile device management capabilities.
- Business Enterprise: it suits organisations with large teams that require substantial security, additional productivity features, enterprise-grade administrative controls and compliance capabilities over the apps used in the company.
New name, new features
Google Workspace is supposed to bring the G Suite tools into a unified experience. To pull that off, Google is adding some new features to reduce switching between apps and tabs & to boost remote collaboration.
Let’s take a look at some new features:
- Smart chips: when a user mentions someone in a document, a popup display will show details providing context and suggested actions such as sharing the document or create a task.
- Picture-in-picture tools for video calls in Meet, Google’s video conferencing solution, while collaborating on a Doc, Sheet or Slide (coming soon).
- Create & edit documents from a Chat room without having to switch tabs (coming very soon). This makes it easier to share content & work with anyone outside your organisation.
- As a user you’re now able to see a preview of links you add to your files, instead of having to click through.
Security features in Google Workspace
Some new security features are also coming to Google Workspace:
- New classification
- Audit logging
- Detection capabilities in Meet to prevent abusive users from disrupting meetings
- Automatic classification of spammy Chat rooms
- Data protection insights for Gmail
- Redesigned rules page in the Google Workspace admin console.
Ready to get started with Google Workspace?
Building a more connected world, for today and the future, is more important than ever. Google’s announcement brings in a new era of how we work and offers an integrated experience of collaboration and communication with the new Google Workspace.
Want to know more about Google Workspace?
Join our online event on 15 October 2020!
See how Google Workspace can help you get more done with collaboration and productivity tools.